I LOVE to bake and cook but do not always have abounding time to spend in the kitchen, so I delight finding shortcuts and super quick, low prep time meals. Especially desserts! In our household, I have been affectionately dubbed the “Sweet Queen.”
So now, I present to you an all-time favorite, and I’m proud to say it’s my very own recipe: Homemade Caramel Sauce!!! And guess what? It can be CANE SUGAR and CORN SYRUP FREE, which is the best version.
THIS CARAMEL SAUCE IS AMAZING! It can be a compliment to many, many, desserts. It adds the OOH and AHH to your favorite foods, from ice cream and cookies to pancakes or popcorn. And the best benefit? It is super easy…. actually, it is insanely easy, and practically foolproof.
People will appear to melt once they have tasted it, I have witnesses.
*Coconut sugar can be found at most stores like Fred Meyer and also online here
- ½ cup Butter
- ¾ cup Coconut Sugar* (or Brown Sugar)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt (if using unsalted butter)
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream**
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Heat butter in medium saucepan.
- Add coconut sugar (or brown sugar) and salt to butter, stirring constantly with the heat turned to medium.
- Keep stirring (it will bubble quite a bit) until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off heat. Stir in cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Turn on heat for about 20 seconds if the cream is not combining well.
- Your caramel is ready to top any dish or eat with a spoon
Wanna pin it?! Me too! Save this to your board!vvv