I’m always so excited to share my favorite recipes with you…recipes that are quick, easy, and yummy, and this is one of my favorites. It’s incredible, plus it’s something out of the ordinary that adds the extra “wow” to the meal.
If you love a salty butter flavor, this recipe is for you! It’s a cinch to make and if you running late for dinner, this recipe has you covered and it is always a crowd pleaser. This is also a great recipe to use up all the summer zucchini. And if you cringed at the word zucchini that’s okay, it’s optional!
The Mizithra cheese is a Greek soft cheese made from goats milk. Mizithra will soften when heated, but he cool thing about it is that it will not melt! This makes it ideal for tossing in pasta, sprinkling on soups or on eggs (I did some in rice too)! You can easily find Mizithra cheese at places like Winco or Fred Meyrs.
- ½ cup (1 stick) Salted Butter
- 1 cup of grated Mizithra Cheese
- 1 medium Zucchini (optional)
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Chop zucchini into bite sized pieces and add to butter and sautéed till soft.
- Add grated mizithra and stir in.
- Toss on pasta, rice, add to scrambled eggs or anything that fits your fancy!