“I’m going to do it,” I said decidedly out loud. I like to fly by the seat of my pants on some things…coming up with an idea and immediately running with it has turned out to be some of the best decisions I’ve made.
.Driving with my sister to Chick-Fil-A, I was pondering about going vegan…for 30 days.
In 2019 I had tried doing a new thing every month, and I had decided to continue the tradition into 2020 (see January’s new thing here!).
So right then and there. On my way to Chick-Fil-A.
(Watching my sister eat a chicken sandwich was very, very trying.)
I decided to go vegan for thirty days.
Not for any health reasons or such…just for fun. I wrote down my thoughts almost every day; little snippets of what it was like for me to go vegan.
My 30 Day Vegan Journal
- Marshmallows are vegan, most of Chick-fil-A is not.
- Crackers and peanut butter diet probably should start packing lunches.
- Made vegan scones…not too bad if you don’t like your scones buttery and flaky. More like crunchy cookies.
- Did you know you can lose friends when you go vegan? Friend’s reactions are priceless.
- I’m basically a bat. All I eat is fruit.
- So, my dad is going vegan too. Let’s see how long he makes it 😏
- My darling cheese, how I miss you.
- Salad, salad, breeaaaad
- Bacon?? Dangit it’s not vegan
- I dreamed I drank a blackberry milkshake
- Being vegan isn’t horrible…there’s a lot of vegan junk food to steer clear of.
- Made gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan chocolate cake…no, it wasn’t cardboard. It was good!
- This vegan thing ain’t half bad.
- Okay maybe not so many carbs, Kelby 😉
- I wanted to save time and money so I brought a can of beans for lunch.
- I like bread 💁🏻♀️
- Going out to eat with friends is rough. Burgerville milkshake to the rescue. 🤣
- I WANT A BURGER.
- I was told I’m not a true vegan because I mentally want meat….that was the opinion of my hunter friend.
- Vegan cheese…I’m beginning to think I’d good.
- Accidentally ate some honey #badvegan
- The veggie protein is starting to taste decent…this is slightly scary.
- Been clean of Chick-fil-A for THREE WEEKS 😭
- Chickfila Waffle Fries are Vegan
- I’m a rabbit. Salad, veggies and more salad.
- Traveling. Peanut butter and jelly is a classic.
- IM COUNTING DOWN THE DAYSSSS. Vegan Ice Cream tastes too healthy.
- I’ve basically forgotten what meat tastes like
- One more day, we’ve got this.
- Wow, this is the last day, I’m almost sad. Congrats Dad! We did it!
- I’m eating Chipotle, somebody please bring me some bacon!
I had a lot of people ask if I noticed anything different… the biggest thing that I noticed is that I did eat more fruits and vegetables so, in turn, I did feel more energized. My go-to lunches consisted of spring mix, pickled beets, sunflower seeds, a sprinkling of vegan cheese and balsamic salad dressing. Normally I don’t eat a whole lot of meat so it wasn’t a big deal, but eggs and dairy were super hard to give up! So I’m curious, could you go vegan for thirty days?